I finished the Historical Fiction Reading Challenge, hosted by the Historical Tapestry blog, in November, but just now managed to upload all my links to their blog. I completed 10 books, the “Struggling with Addiction” level, and here’s what I read:
- A Trace of Smoke, Rebecca Cantrell
- A Curtain Falls, Stephanie Pintoff
- A Night of Long Knives, Rebecca Cantrell
- An Impartial Witness, Charles Todd
- Maisie Dobbs, Jacqueline Winspear
- Dandy Gilver and the Proper Treatment of Bloodstains, Catriona McPherson
- A Death in Summer, Benjamin Black
- Low Light, Stanley J. Cutler
- Acceptable Loss, Anne Perry
- A Lesson in Secrets, Jacqueline Winspear
- Peril at Somner House, Joanna Challis
And, upon further review, that’s 11 books because I posted #8 twice… so I guess I really am “struggling” with historical fiction.
As for my favorites, love love love Benjamin Black, but Jacqueline Winspear and Rebecca Cantrell are very good as well. Thanks to the bloggers at Historical Tapestry for encouraging me to read historical fiction!